Best turntable under 500 [ Buying Guide & Review]
If you are looking to upgrade your love for vinyl, you must have many options. We reviewed the best turntable under 500 in this article. Usually, the turntables are available at an expensive price rate, but the good news is that today’s companies provide great auditable qualities in turntables at a lower price rate. Here we reviewed the top ten turntable products under 500$ price, especially for the vinyl enthusiasts. Each of the products is the best combination of high-quality materials and performance. Let’s read the article for further details.
Our Top Pickup of Best U-Turn Audio
- Pro-Ject Essentail II Turntable
- Rega Planar 2 Turntable
- Audio-Technica ATLP5
- Crosley C200 Direct-Drive
- Denon DP-400 Analog Turntable
- Pioneer PLX-500
- Sony PSHX500
- Teac TN-300SE-MB
- Music Hall MMF 2.2
- U-Turn Audio
1. Pro-Ject Essentail II Turntable
We choose our first product from the Pro-ject brand due to the incredible experience. Such as, the brand launched the debut line 20 years ago and still stands in the market as a new turntable alive. The age of this turntable increases its price, but still, we considered that the turntable is the most sophisticated line of engineering. Usually, most of the products increase the price and leave some drawbacks at the bottom, but Pro-ject still maintained its manufacturing by adding some new features at an increasing price.
Besides, the turntable looks simple but attractive. Plus, the platter is made with MDF instead of Acrylic. Also, the belt of this turntable is applied to the outer edge of the platter rather than using a sub-platter.
Moreover, the sound is also good, which you can feel in your heart. Another amazing feature is that the turntable allows you to attach a USB. Along with all these features, we admire that this turntable is the most affordable on our list.
Features of Pro-Ject Essentail II Turntable
- Maintain its features with increasing price
- MDF platter used rather than Acrylic
- Allow inserting a USB via computer
- Sound is excellent to feel in the heart
- 8.6 inches aluminum tonearm accommodate the wide range of cartridges
Specifications of Pro-Ject Essentail II Turntable
|Item dimensions ||12.99 x 16.54 x 4.41 inches|
|Total weight||8.8 pounds|
- Excellent building
- Modern features
- Affordable price
- Speed is not sure while changing the belt
2. Rega Planar 2 Turntable
Who didn’t know about the Rega company by the British? Everyone knows that the company still maintains its records and standards. So we pick a solid turntable from this brand rather than a sophisticated one. Besides, this turntable is easy to set up like a jigsaw, and even a beginner can easily do it.
You have to adjust some simple elements in the right place to listen to incredible sound. Moreover, the manual allows you to change the speed of the belt by breathing the main platter. Another significant part is that all these features are available at a small price so everyone can enjoy this amazing product.
Features of Rega Planar 2 Turntable
- Solid design is available in white color
- Easy to set up by adjusting some simple elements
- An ideal choice for beginners
- Allow you to change the speed by beneath the platter
- Available at the low price rate
Specifications of Rega Planar 2 Turntable
|Item dimensions ||17.59 x 14.17 x 4.61 inches|
|Total weight ||12.12 pounds|
Rega Planar 2 Turntable
- Easy setup
- Durable for years
- Solid design
- No grounding wire
- Anti skate is difficult to adjust at P2
3. Audio-Technica ATLP5
The Audio-Technica is one of the most beautiful turntables on our list. Plus, the sound is great, like you are listing with your headphones. On the other side, all the separate elements are very easy to adjust with each other. And there is no need to put extra effort, you just have to plug it in your amp, and be ready to serve.
Moreover, a USB is attached with this turntable, including Audacity software which helps to digitize Vinyl with PC or Mac. The good news is that you can all of these features at an amazing price, which is hard to find in other brands. On the other side, the turntable doesn’t require a phone input to connect built-in amplifiers. Plus, the platter is made with die-cast aluminum material which also helps to improve frequency reproduction.
Features of Audio-Technica ATLP5
- Beautiful turntable in our list
- No need to put extra effort into adjustments
- USB attached including Audacity software
- Easy to digitize software with PC and MAC
- It doesn’t require phone input to connect with built-in amplifiers
- Die-cast aluminum material used to make a platter
Specifications of Audio-Technica ATLP5
|Item dimensions ||21 x 9 x 16 inches|
|Total weight||0.37 ounces|
- Easy to adjust
- No need to use the phone
- Aluminum material used
- Some customers complained about noisy motor
4. Crosley C200 Direct-Drive
It might be possible that most people don’t know about the Crosley brand, but we found that it is one of the best brands in the market to provide the best turntable. The brand is here for hundred years as they make Radio at first, but now they are making their space in the turntable market. Besides, the C200 comes with a direct drive and a rugged look. Hopefully, you’ll find all of the features in this turntable that you want.
The appearance of this turntable makes it a host among other turntables, but we considered that the looks are completely designed according to price. moreover, the turntable can offer 33 and 45RPM with sliding pitch adjustments with a strobe speed indicator. On the other side, aluminum material is used to make this turntable, and a hydraulic lift is used to control the lockable rest. And the cartridge has NP5 Audio Technica. So now we can say that the C200 can perform incredibly due to all these features.
Features of Crosley C200 Direct-Drive
- Corsely creates its space in the turntable market
- It comes with direct drive and a rugged look
- The overall look of C200 makes it host among other turntables
- Affordable price for such an incredible product
- The tonearm is S-shaped and made with aluminum material
Specifications of Crosley C200 Direct-Drive
|Item dimensions||11.02 x 17.72 x 5.47 inches|
|Total weight||11.02 pounds|
Crosley C200 Direct-Drive
- Affordable price
- Aluminum material manufacturing
- Amazing modern features
- The turntable is belt-driven
- The sound quality isn’t good enough
5. Denon DP-400 Semi-Automatic Analog Turntable
Here we added a great brand to the list which we experienced personally. But we used a double cassette deck from this very amazing brand. But now we choose a turntable from the same brand, the DP-400. Besides, the first thing to notice about the product is its beautiful design with a dust cover. Isn’t it incredible? Yes, it is, but now what about the sound? Let me tell you about it. We must admire that the DC-400 has all functions which you want.
First of all, the automatic turntable has 33, 45, and 78-speed sensors on a platter. Plus, the platter has belt-driven quality reproduction, so you can prefer both MM and MC cartridges. On the other side, the tonearm isn’t completely S-shaped, but it comes in radical design to comfort the system. the cartridge is already fitted in tonearm with a horizontal tracking feature. This feature is essential to stop playback sounds.
Features of Denon DP-400 Semi-Automatic Analog Turntable
- The platter has all 33, 45, and 75-speed sensors
- It comes with an automatic touch button control system
- The tonearm isn’t in S shape
- The cartridge is already fit in the tonearm
- The phone equalizer used to open enveloping sound
Specifications of Denon DP-400 Semi-Automatic Analog Turntable
|Item dimensions||13.46 x 16.3 x 4.13 inches
|Total weight||11.03 pounds
Denon DP-400 Semi-Automatic
- Good quality manufacturing
- Multiple optional features
- Easy to adjust
- Price is little bit higher
- Click image to open expanded view
6. Pioneer PLX-500
The pioneer turntable is specially designed for home, but it is also suitable to use in the DJ market due to its incredible features. Plus, the controls and designs are completely compatible with DJ’s family. We choose the PLX-500K model, which has the same functions as the PLX-1000 model. Plus, the turntable comes with a motor with high torque. That’s why we recommend this turntable for home use and DJ’s market.
On the other side, the layout has complete controls with Start/Stop buttons. On the other side, rugged construction makes it 30 pounds and solid for years. Another positive point for DJs is that the turntable uses the shortest route between stylus and output. Moreover, USB connections allow you to record the previous vinyl connections on MAC or Windows. However, the overall look of this turntable is very traditional.
Features of Pioneer PLX-500
- The turntable has completely traditional looks with modern functions
- Versatile to use at home and in DJ’s market
- Incredible performance at such a low price is impressive
- USB connections allow recording previous vinyl sounds
- Easy to control with START and STOP buttons
Specifications of Pioneer PLX-500
|Item dimensions||18.3 x 22.2 x 11 inches|
|Total weight||29.6 pounds|
- Well manufactured
- Rugged construction
- Good sound quality
- It might not be suitable for someone’s taste
7. Sony PSHX500
Everyone knows about the Sony brand for years. Here we choose the turntable PSHX500 model from this brand. Personally, I used this model so I must recommend it. Let me tell you about the features. First of all, the belt of the platter makes sure that the sound is resolved with pace, and it prevents all shocks which may be created by the motor. This feature gives the clearest sound without any interference.
Plus, the tonearm is straight to balance the cartridge headshell to create a clear and natural sound. On the other side, you can choose the sound speed between 33 and 45. Moreover, a USB port is included allowing you to connect with your MAC or window for creating some digital files to store your vinyl recordings. Plus, the software offers to transfer any vinyl recording into an audio portable device.
Features of Sony PSHX500
- Belt of platter completely resolve the sound with pace and prevent all interference
- Tonearm shape is straight to balance the cartridge headshell
- Creates most natural and clear sounds
- USB port allows recording vinyl sounds in MAC or window
- The software allows transferring the vinyl recording into any portable digital device
Specifications of Sony PSHX500
|Item dimensions||18.5 x 16.32 x 6.2 inches|
|Total weight||8.8 pounds|
- Nice and delicate design
- Modern technologies
- Not suitable for the purist vinyl lover
8. Teac TN-300SE-MB
We choose the Teac TN-300SE turntable due to its simple basic style. There is no glamour and glitz added in design. But the MDF made it fast in the market among other turntables. Usually, the MDF is a rigid material, but it will reduce all unwanted sounds. Plus, the Veneer gives this turntable an attractive look. Plus, the tonearm design is the straight arm which is perfect for tracking accuracy.
On the other side, the tonearm is manual, but the cartridge has Audio-Technica MM. plus, the turntable has a phone equalizer amplifier and dust cover. Moreover, the Dc motor is made with an aluminum platter, but it doesn’t include a turntable mat. Anyway, the platter has all 33, 45c, and 75 Rpm speed sensors.
Features of Teac TN-300SE-MB
- The simple and basic design attracts customers
- MDF reduces all unwanted sounds
- Veneer gives this turntable an incredible look
- Included all the quality components
- The DC motor comes with an aluminum platter
- The aluminum platter has all 33, 45-speed sensors
Specifications of Teac TN-300SE-MB
|Item dimensions||21.25 x 17 x 8.5 inches|
|Total weight||16 pounds|
- Solid manufacturing
- Affordable price
- Basic features don’t suitable for those who want a higher-end machine
9. Music Hall MMF 2.2
Music hall is one of the most famous brands in the audio market due to providing outstanding performance. Also, the turntable we choose from this brand is the best combination of attractive design and performance. The best part is its minimum controls with ON/OFF buttons. Besides, MDF is used to manufacture the base of this turntable which is great to prevent unwanted sounds.
Plus, the black finishing and lacquer give it incredible looks. On the other side, the belt-driven construction gives excellent accuracy and perfect sound. The tonearm is straight and made with a metal material. Plus, the removable stylus and anti-skate are best fitted with a weighting system. However, the RCA connectors are gold-plated to prevent corrosion and create the best connections.
Features of Music Hall MMF 2.2
- Great combination of price and performance
- Minimum controls come with ON/OFF buttons
- MDF used in base construction
- The belt-driven construction gives a smooth sound
- RCA connectors create the best possible connections
Specifications of Music Hall MMF 2.2
|Manufactured by||Hall MMF|
|Item dimensions||11 x 20 x 16.2 inches|
|Total weight||19 pounds|
Music Hall MMF 2.2
- The simple and basic design
- Affordable price
- Easy to set up
- Some customers want more features at this price
10. U-Turn Audio
If anyone wants to buy a turntable with elegant lines and modern features, then U-turn would be the best choice. The specific and elegant design impresses most of the users. Besides, the manual belt drives machine made by US arbit and included 33, 45 sound speed sensors.
Plus, the tonearm is made with an Ortofon OM 5E cartridge to adjust the counterweight of the turntable. Moreover, the acrylic platter helps to create great accuracy and prevents all unwanted sounds. Anyway, the turntable is not automatic but worked with a manual system. We are sure that these all features and qualities make it the best choice.
Features of U-Turn Audio
- The turntable comes with elegant lines and modern features
- Belt driven made with US arbit and included 33. 45-speed sensors
- OM 5E cartridge used to adjust the counterweight
- The platter creates great accuracy in sound and prevents all unwanted sounds
Specifications of U-Turn Audio
|Manufactured by||U-turn audio|
|Item dimensions||21.14 x 17.01 x 9.84 inches
|Total weight||12.31 pounds|
- Excellent construction
- Great quality components
- There should be more tech on board
Things to Consider Before Buying The Best Turntable Under 500:
The turntable is a considerable investment to make, so you must need some guidance before buying a turntable for you. Here we described some essential factors to consider before buying a turntable.
First of all, you need to know how much space you have in your home to place a turntable. Keep in mind that you need to find a clean and sturdy space to keep your new audio equipment. Anyway, if you left your turntable in at an unsafe place, then it may break your investment.
Each turntable has different components. So you should know which components you must want to have in your turntable. Plus the components decided the cost and quality of a turntable.
Usually, the audio device is available at various price rates according to different budget limits. If you have a tight budget, but still you want to buy a turntable, then you must decide the range of your bank account and then search the products according to your account limit.
Conclusion: Best turntable under 500
Nothing beats the peace of your favorite music on the rolling chair, but you need the best audio device for comfort. Here we are talking about turntables, which are famous to provide the best sound to enjoy your favorite music by feeling it in your heart. However, choosing the best turntable is a little bit challenging due to the availability of various brands in the market. That’s why we picked the top ten turntables under 500$ from the market for your convenience. So you can consider our article to choose the best turntable under 500 for you.
What I have to do to set up the turntable for under 500$?
Usually, the modern turntable doesn’t require any extra effort. You have to adjust simple equipment all together for a vintage sound. Anyway you just need to have sturdy space to place your turntable.
Is it necessary to buy an amplifier for turntable under 500$?
well, it depends on that how much power you want in your turntable. Anyway, each turntable must require an active speaker but not an amp. Plus, if your turntable is providing quality sound, then you need to buy an amp separately.