Best Travel Electric Guitar to Buy in 2020
If you are a guitar lover and like to play guitar, then defiantly, you know that guitar is a musical instrument to produce different beautiful sounds. There are many types of guitars available in the market. If you are on the go with your friends or family, and you want to enjoy your travel, you will want to play Best Travel Electric Guitar, but it may be frustrating.
While traveling, we don’t have much space to keep full-size guitar because it takes up a lot of space. So don’t be frustrated because we come with the solution to your problem as you’ll get a guitar that covers a small area and it’s best for travel. Traveler guitars are the convenient type of guitar when it comes to road trips, traveling, and camping in general.
Are you finding good quality best electric traveler guitar? Especially electric ones, it will be a real challenge for you because I know how tough this can be to find a traveler guitar. I have made it easy for you to purchase an electric travel guitar by reviewing some traveler guitars. They all have a tone of great features for those who need a traveler style guitar while on the go. Now we check which things are necessary before buying the best electric traveler guitar.
Things To Be Considered Before Buying The Best Electric Traveler Guitar
Here are some essential things about guitars that you must know before buying an electric traveler guitar.
Why You need a travel guitar?
We know that being on the road with a classical guitar sometimes damage the guitar. Apart from scratches and some scuffs, guitar regularly exposed the changes in humidity, which may result in guitar’s finis, quality of sound, and some other.
You can prevent all these problems by purchasing the traveler guitar. Features of travel guitar are here.
You can relax and carefree since travel guitars are durable and made to withstand all kinds of pressure.
It allows saving space with a travel instrument.
You can also choose any travel guitar according to your taste. Many kinds of travel guitars are available in the market.
How To Safe Your Best Travel Electric Guitar?
Many people are anxious about how they keep their guitar safe on journeys. If you purchase a travel guitar for road trips or camping, then left all these worries at home because these guitars specially designed for travel. So you can quickly go on a road trip without any tension. After that, if you want to save your travel guitars, there are many guitar cases specially designed for traveler guitars.
How Often Will You Use The Best Travel Electric Guitar?
Most of the players buy the travel guitar as a substitute for their first guitar. It is more convenient to have an instrument for travel purposes even if you don’t travel a lot or use the mini guitar so often.
We will be able to achieve much more with the travel guitar ten regular one. Firstly you won’t risk damaging your first guitar, and secondly, you will assure that travel guitar also works correctly on the road trip.
Our Top Best Pick Up Of Best Travel Electric Guitar
All the products are great, but we further subdivide these ten products into two main categories:
- Ibanez RG Prestige RG652AHMS – Orange Metallic Flat
- Fender American Special Telecaster, Maple Fingerboard, Vintage Blonde
- Guild Starfire V with Guild Vibrato Tailpiece Semi-Hollow Body Electric Guitar
- PRS CE 24 – Grey Black
- Taylor GS Mini-e Solid Koa Top ESB w/Gig Bag with case
1. Ibanez RG Prestige RG652AHMS – Orange Metallic Flat
When you are a person who likes to play with instruments like a guitar during travel, camping or at some specific place, then RG guitar is specially made for you. The RG is the most distinctive and recognizable guitar in the Ibanez line that has been almost using three decades, the metal, have forged the high performance of this machine, honing it for strength and speed.
This magnificent best electric traveler guitar is specially designed for the playability, brutal tonality, and rock-solid stability, moreover, this Reply Guitar includes Ibanez RG Prestige RG652AHMS that makes it more reliable and perfect for your traveling companion.
The RG prestige comes with body ash, proving a balance between bright and warm tones. Complete with Wizard HP neck made of ultra-stable from five-piece walnut/maple, bound birds-eye maple prestige, and fingerboard construction, RG Prestige will have you shredding up the storm.
You will get a dynamic and vigorous high output by DiMarzio Fusion Edge for heavy and thick rhythm, cutting lead riffs at first listen you will fall in love. Now let me tell you the essential thing to the style of guitar; the edge locking tremolo system assures pitch sustainability while the wildest of bends-a stable in Ibanez engineering.
Features Ibanez RG Prestige
- DiMarzio Fusion Edge Pickups provides Distinctive Tones
- Serenely Smooth and Fast Super Wizard HP Neck
- Excellent Ash Body and Birdseye Maple Fingerboard
- Edge Tremolo Bridge Creates Stunning Pitch Shifts
- Incorporates Durable Hard-shell Case and Gotoh Tuners
Specifications of Ibanez RG Prestige
|Product weight||22.4 pounds|
|Product dimensions||17 x 6 x 44 inches|
Ibanez RG Prestige
- The first floating bridge guitar sounds stay in tune and great after almost a full year of play.
- Performance and craftsmanship wise fantastic instrument.
- The five-way switch gives you that start sound when needed
- Two pickups and versatile HGD1
- The thinness of super Wizard may suit everyone
2. Fender American Special Telecaster, Maple Fingerboard, Vintage Blonde
The Fender presents American Special Telecaster guitar, which puts all that you need in the moderate U.S made instrument inside your span. Highlights you can hold the guitar by incorporate a birch body, maple neck with 9.5 span jumbo frets and fingerboards, texas special pickups, vintage-style string through body Telecaster connect with three metal seats, sparkle urethane finish. You can use the American particular series guitar for some special occasions.
Fender kept things old school as possible in terms of hardware, vantage Style Bridge with three adjustable saddles. Another exciting thing about the bridge is that you can cut out to house the bridge pickups. For Telecasters, that is unorthodox, but it works well. Fend installed their vintage tuning machines, and both work incredibly well, especially the tuners.
One thing you can depend on Fender American Special Telecaster to convey is that vintage tone. This best electric traveler guitar resembles made for blues and shake. Texas Special puppies offer a pleasant range, yet additionally, bring that oil can tone many are attempting to discover. While you unquestionably could push out some average overwhelming vibes out of this thing, it works much
It is preferred as a surgical tool slightly over a massive hammer. On the off chance that you are finding for that old school single loop tone, Fender American Special Telecaster is unquestionably the best approach.
Features American Special Telecaster guitar
- The American Special Telecaster loads two Texas Special Tele pickups, temporary and classic tones which are perfect for country, rock, blues, and pop.
- The American special Tele offers easy string-bending and modern, fast feel with 9;5 freeboard radius, a satin-finished neck, and jumbo frets.
- The Grease bucket tone circuit rolls off high frequencies without bass, and a deluxe fender gig bag makes it an exceptional buy.
Specifications American Special Telecaster guitar
|Product weight||11.02 pounds|
|Product dimensions||43 x 17 x 6.5 inches|
American Special Telecaster guitar
- This guitar plays beautifully perfect like a dream guitar.
- The tones are an excellent good for chicken Pickin and blues.
- The neck looks great, and you can comfortably hold it.
- The soap Dish Bridge, three brass saddles, and jumbo frets are a classic addition to this perfect guitar.
- This guitar is 7.2 pounds of pure single coil bliss.
- The Gloss headstock fascia would look classier.
- Poor quality gig bags.
3. Guild Starfire V with Guild Vibrato Tailpiece Semi-Hollow Body Electric Guitar
A deluxe double cutaway comes with features that allow you to get the fully expressive voice to your playing style. The exemplary Guild Starfire V is a semi-empty magnificence with an effortless 16 3/8″ Thinline body and twin Guild LB-1 “Little Bucker” pickups that settle on it an extraordinary decision with a real Guild voice ideal for a shake, blues, roots and that’s only the tip of the iceberg. The Starfire V’s everything mahogany body includes an angled top and back, with double f openings, exquisite ivory white body authoritative, dark/white purfling, and focuses square development.
Some other premium benefits incorporate bound three-piece maple/mahogany/ mahogany neck with vintage-style “delicate U” profile, Pearloid square decorates and 22-worry rosewood fingerboard with 9 1/2″ sweep, three-way pickup selector switch, singular volume and tone controls for every pickup and ace volume, Tune-O-Matic connect with rosewood base, Guild vibrato rear end, Grover Sta-Tite™ tuning machines, nickel equipment, and a dazzling Cherry Red completion. This best electric traveler guitar Incorporates extreme lined hard-shell case. You can also purchase in Black and Snowcrest White.
Features of Guild Starfire V
The design of the hollow body guitars always seems exciting and refined. The classic Guild Starfire design comes from hitting the modern times with rounded. Lovely looking guitar with two holes accentuating the slender, this makes me more excited. The guitar body made of mahogany (hardwood), especially the back, sides, and top of the guitar.
It comes with the Guild Vibrato Tailpiece Bridge. This guitar gives the instrument with real excellent action, which makes it easy to use and fun to play. Tailpiece comes when you get down to bending your notes. After the vintage, 60’s Starfire, the tuning machine designed after the guitar.
Two pickups are available for this guitar. Both humbuckers placed at the bridge and neck of the guitar. The Guild LB-1 has a warm, clear sound with high output and is an excellent addition to the sound of the guitar.
Special features of that guitar also have individual tone knobs and personal volume knobs. The single three-way selector is also part of this guitar.
The top and sides of the guitar give a resonance with deep tones, also enhancing the mid-tones of the guitar. The chamber of the guitar allows for thick, warm sound to spread throughout the guitar. You will enjoy the great music of this guitar.
Specifications of Guild Starfire V
|Product weight||8.16 kg|
|Item Dimensions||114.3 x 48.3 x 12.7 cm|
|Back material||Arched laminated mahogany|
|Number of Strings||6|
|Fretboard material||Indian rosewood|
Guild Starfire V
- Enjoy the great and clear sound of this guitar
- The pickups of the guitar are highly individualized
- Available in two other colors black and white
- You will fall in love with the thin semi-hollow design of the guitar
- A bit costly
- Hard to clean electronics
- Don’t want to put it down
4. PRS CE 24 – Grey Black
Since the beginning of shake and roll, the snap and reaction that originates from a jolt on neck guitar have been an essential piece of the blend. These properties have, thus, become necessary to numerous players attempting to recount their stories through music. The PRS CE 24 expedites the jolt stage back to the basic PRS lineup with some massive updates. The CE 24 sets PRS’s conventional body blend of the mahogany back and maple top with a jolt on maple neck and rosewood fretboard.
The neck sports a Pattern silk nitro finish, and Thin cut for a characteristic. To further amplify the guitar’s clarity and natural tone, the CE 24 highlights PRS 85/15 pickups, which Paul intended to, have remarkable clearness just as the expanded low and high end. The gadgets comprise a volume and pull and push tone control with 3-way flip switch for a combined of six sounds. The first CE was presented in 1988 and offered players PRS structure and quality with the additional shimmer and snap of a customary jolt on guitars.
Returning after about a time of being out of the lineup, the CE 24 is back, and like nothing, anyone’s ever seen. Figured top maple Mahogany back 24-fret 25″ scale length Pattern Thin maple neck with East Indian rosewood fretboard Bird trims PRS-structured bolting tuners PRS-planned tremolo connect.
Features of PRS CE 24 Color gray and black
- All the guitars blew PRS. The important thing is that the carved top on the CE24 is different from the CU24. These are comfortable guitars through and retain the comfort of the custom 24.
- The book matching is excellent, and the finish is stunning on these flame tops. The cuts of rosewood are dark with grain, as well. The stain nitro feels excellent and allows the wood to breathe, and the natural body binding is a great touch.
- The neck plate placed on the back of the body of the guitar. Because of the neck increase into the body, similar to a set neck. This keeps the joint out of the way. This is very fast playing guitar combined with the pattern thin neck. Both traditional and shredders players can enjoyably play it.
- It’s nice to see birds on CEs. The older ones had good guitars with dots that didn’t match the aesthetic. When you buy a PRS, we will get birds. This is an anecdotal point, but it seemed like lackluster tops were use on olds CEs, which is not suitable for a new model of guitars.
Specifications of PRS CE 24 Color gray and black
|Product weight||30 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||50 x 19 x inches|
PRS CE 24 Color gray and black
- Electric guitar with Mahogany Body
- Two humbucking pickups black and grey
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- Body binding is natural
- Transparent Grey Black Sation nitro finish
- Pattern thin profile with a bolt-on maple
- Fantastic sound and easy to play
- Bird signature inlays
- 25 scale length and 24 Frets
- PRS Locking Tuners
- Three-way toggle
- 81/15 Treble & Bass pickups
- 1 vol and one pull/ push tone
- You will stick with one neck profile and those birds.
- The use of CE can be found for around 1000$, making the new one is a bit costly.
5. Taylor GS Mini-e Solid Koa Top ESB w/Gig Bag With Case
The Taylor guitars are not so old, but it’s an impressive product in the market of guitars. Taylor starts making high-quality guitars or instruments in 1970. If you want to buy a guitar in a small size for traveling or instance, the Taylor GS mini-e koa is the best option. For this model, quality tonewood used with electronics and hardware provides a warm, beautiful sound that you would love.
A mini Best Travel Electric Guitar symphony body with solid Hawaiian koa used to provides the best quality sound. The tonewood merely is superb, not to mention how beautiful and warm tone it is.
It has a central core of the guitar with three-layered koa wood for sides and back, which makes it durable against the climate that can ruin your investments. The top made of bright tones, but the forest matures, along with the sounds develop into a warm, abundant, blooming which enhances the mid-range. Mini-e Koa guitars outfitted with Expression system two pickup design.
The preamp system is an excellent result of Taylor’s professional audio-grade engineering to sound great recording, plugged in, or jamming on stage.
Features of Taylor GS Mini-e
- Taylor GS Mini-e – Travel guitar comes with a Preamp/ pickup combo with a built-in chromatic tuner.
- Symmetrical look, clean and Hawaiian koa top with koa body in layers
- Plastic truss rod in black color
- Scarf neck joint
- Medium strings of elixir phosphor bronze
Specifications of Taylor GS Mini-e
|Product dimensions||35.4 x 13.8 x 5.9 inches|
|Shipping weight||10.71 pounds|
|Model number||GS MINI-E KOA|
Taylor GS Mini-e
- This guitar is available in small in size, but you will enjoy the music of the guitar and feel like you’re playing full-size guitar.
- Sound quality is awesome
- Standing despite its size and comfortable to play
- This guitar is a perfect instrument for travelers
- The thin satin finish will never protect from road wear
The guitar’s efforts to keep up with the fast pace of our lives and always go on nature, there are many travel guitar options to cater to your needs. There are many options for travel guitar in the market that helps you to enjoy with your loved ones. When you go to purchase the Best Travel Electric Guitar, you should make some extra effort. Unless you are a perfect musician, who understands the guitar features, quality, and performance efficiently.
The market of the guitar is changing, and most manufacturers are continually adapting, improving, and updating to the point where you can see some phenomenally innovative and not to mention unique and exciting design concepts.
What you look for the Best Travel Electric Guitar for you and your friends is down to how you intend to get about. If you want to lug it about for an extended period, you will want the lightest and smallest you can find. If it is to be kept in a boot to have at hand, you may no need to be so fussy. Consider your needs carefully, keep this buyer guide advice in mind you should find choosing a model doddle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are travel guitars excellent?
Travel guitars can vary in quality widely, and the great thing among them is that they effectively rival normal or regular size pieces. These will make an excellent choice for stage players, but the additional cost might not be suitable for an amateur that only needs it to sing with family or friends. The essential quality of the guitar is the portability that allowed the reduction of size. This makes the smaller tonal range relative to the full extent of the guitar models, but it’s not true as some manufacturers choose the design of the guitar with the standard scale length.
Is it risky to get a second-hand guitar?
Yes, it’s might be risky to purchase a second-hand guitar if you don’t have the opportunity to test the guitar beforehand. You should buy used guitars unless you can thoroughly inspect it before giving money to the owner of the instrument. Second-hand guitars are to be avoided, as inexperienced users can put their guitars through quite a deal of punishment, and the 100$ - 200$ price difference may not the worth hassle. New guitars are not much expensive you should try to purchase a new guitar rather than a second-hand guitar.