Cleaning your humidifier shouldn’t be so difficult that you dread it, and it doesn’t have to be done as often as you might think, either. If you take the right steps in cleaning your humidifier, you can make sure it lasts much longer and works better than if you never cleaned it at all. Here are a few basic steps that will help keep your humidifier clean and running in top shape.
Table of Contents
Why should we use Humidifier?
It’s an all-time common question why should you use a humidifier? The parched air can cause nose bleeding or sinus infections. That’s why Humidifier needs to prevent these infections. It also makes it easier to breathe in a closed room. Also, the Humidifier will help you to deal with dry skin, sore throat, allergies, irritated eyes, etc.
How to clean you’re Humidifier?
All excellent, warm, and mist types of humidifiers use the same process of cleaning. Anyhow some of the parts are different to clean. For example, some of the models have parts that can be dishwasher safe, so you must check the manual before cleaning. However, we described the proper method to clean the humidifier below:
- First of all, shut down the Humidifier and unplug it
- Empty the Humidifier and disassemble it
- Next, pour one or two cups of white vinegar into the tank and swish it in the tank to wet the interior. (You can also use a mixture of white vinegar and water)
- Now place the tank back into the base and let the vinegar drain into Humidifier’s reservoir to loosen the mineral build-up. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Empty the vinegar water from the tank and use a soft brush to scrub the inside area of the Humidifier. The brush will help you to remove the mineral deposits.
- To clean the small parts of the humidifier, use a clean cloth or any sponge dipped in white vinegar
- Rinse all the parts of the Humidifier with clean water
- Air dries all the parts and reassembles them
Never try to wash the wick filter because it will damage the material of the Humidifier, and you just need to replace the filter with a new one.
If you found that your Humidifier needs some deep cleaning, you must use a bleach solution to kill the bacteria from the water.
- Repeat the same process to disassemble the Humidifier
- Add 1 tablespoon of bleach to 1 gallon of water.
- Put this solution into the tank and swish it to wet the interior of the Humidifier. Most models recommend using 3 percent hydrogen in water for that step, so you must read the manual.
- Next, if you have another tank in your Humidifier, then repeat the same procedure.
- Place back the tank into the base and wait for 15 to 20 minutes to drain the water from the reservoir.
- Empty the bleach solution from the tank and rinse all the Humidifier parts with clean water.
- Dry out all the parts and reassemble them
How to maintain the Humidifier?
- After cleaning, you have your Humidifier in good condition, so you should be careful to keep your Humidifier smooth. Here we described some easy steps to keep maintaining your Humidifier.
- First of all, always empty the Humidifier’s tank and water reservoir when it’s not in use. Because bacteria and other microorganisms can grow within one or two days.
- If you want to keep the filter from prolonging, then turn it over every time you use it to keep the Humidifier’s top from drying out. Also, this step helps the filter age more efficiently.
- Replace the filter of your Humidifier after every 30 to 60 days of use—anyhow it depends on its condition. You need to change the filter, especially when it gets hard and crusty or decreases the moisture output.
- After removing the filter, make sure that all the other parts are completely dried out before putting the Humidifier into storage.
Using the best car humidifier or a humidifier in the room helps to keep the air moisture is excellent. Anyway, the Humidifier also needs some cleaning and maintenance. Otherwise, it will create bacteria and other germs. There are many different ways to clean a humidifier. Here we described the complete and easy process of cleaning the Humidifier on your own. Plus, we give some tips to keep maintaining your Humidifier. Anyhow, still, if you have any questions in your mind, you may ask us.[kkstarratings]